3.23.2011

rain and wine

The storms just now started rolling in, with lightning and resulting thunder that seems to be right overhead. I returned from the gym earlier and finished dinner, and the restlessness set in. It seems as though I have a hard time staying inside and calling the night a night so early on; the night's early yet.

I prepared myself to go out for a while, but I stood by the outside breezeway for a minute or so and watched the rain pour down. A couple of bolts of lightning and some rolling thunder...motivation killer. I have no real desire to get soaked, and all that rain will eventually become ice when i'm on my way home, as mother nature has seemingly not gotten the hint and decided to give us one more freeze.

So here I am. At least I have wine.

I'm starting to think of where I might want to take a vacation this summer. I have a couple of long weekends already planned or on the front burner, but I want to spend at least a week or so discovering someplace new and relaxing away from work and from town. A nice escape. Hmmm. I'm listening to Jimmy Buffet right now; that ethos could very well influence my decisions. The possibilities. :)

No comments: