2.16.2011

Moving furniture

For the past three years, I kept my computer in my already smallish kitchen, as that's where i thought i had the best available wireless internet connection. My landlord allows me to piggyback on the wi-fi as part of my rent, but the one drawback to that is that i don't have control over where i can place my router.
When I first moved in, I had tried to put my computer in the living room, but I got no signal. At the time, my kitchen was the only spot I thought I had connection. The room is kind of dark, and I wasn't really happy with it there as it was out of place, but I put up with it.
Until Saturday. I tested my computer in the living room again, and now, somehow, I have just as good connection here. I immediately moved my desk here and my kitchen to the kitchen table. Now, I actually have a living room where I feel I live. It makes this place feel totally different.
Amazing what a small change in furniture can do to how one uses their space.

No comments: