2.09.2011

Music in the summer

I've had this movie from Netflix, Pirate Radio, sitting on my coffee table for well over a month, but I'm just now getting around to watching it. While I saw it in the theater when it came out, I have a tendency of rewatching movies I like, but I needed to be in the mood. I've been in a really musical mood lately, so it fit tonight (also helped that it's 20 degrees out and I don't necessarily want to go anywhere tonight.)

Anyway, it's a great music-filled movie I highly recommend. It has some scenes within which they place the music perfectly. However, now that the movie's over, there's a bit of a vacuum, and a daydream of heading off to a music festival of some sort this summer has filled the void. I couldn't imagine anything better; several days where all you have to do is listen to music and soak up some of the summer.

There are several to choose from:
Coachella, April 15-17
Bonnaroo, June 9-12
Lollapolooza, August 5-7
Summerfest, June 29-July3, July 5-July 10.
Austin City Limits Music Festival, Sept. 16-18

Coachella has already released the line up, but the tickets are on the steep side. The others have yet to, but I am keeping a close eye. It'll be something nice to keep in the background of my mind as winter hangs around.

No comments: